Freezing Bagels

Category Baked Goods
When you have more bagels than you can use right away, the freezer is a good place to store them. This guide is about freezing bagels.

Can I freeze bread, bagels, etc? If yes, for how long?

Thank You,
Laura from Hemet, CA

Answers

By caraing (Guest Post)
Best Answer

If I remember correctly when freezing breads, they stay fine for about 3 months. Though to make sure they still taste nice you should wrap each one in foil. If not then you should double bag them.

I double bag bagels and on Italian bread or French bread, I wrap in foil first then bag them. It works great.

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I freeze mine in a paper grocery bag, and tape it shut. Have frozen it for up to two months, sometimes. Bagels the same. I've found that it works better to thaw them in the fridge, otherwise, they sometimes get soggy if the weather is warm.

By Mollie2 (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I freeze bagels (I split them first) in freezer ziplock bags. I have kept them for at least 6 months. When I want one, I put it in my toaster oven, toast it or put toaster on "light" and half way through turn off toaster oven and let it sit for a minute or two and it is thawed.

I can't get good bagels where I live, so I have to stock up when I go visit my children.

By Jjensen (Guest Post)
Best Answer

We freeze our bagels (and many other foods) using a "Reynolds Handi-Vac". This little machine vacuum seals the bagels in a plastic bag and sucks out the air thus preventing freezer burn and spoilage for months. Take them out, thaw them and they are as fresh as the day you froze them.The Handi-Vac runs about $18.00 and is small enough to fit in your hand.
We use it for meats, etc. also.