FruitFood Tips

Buy Extra Strawberries

Category Fruit

With strawberries in season and so plentiful and cheap where I live, I often buy a 3 pack for $3 (Can't buy just 1/$1) I rinse and stem the excess and freeze them in baggies, loosely packed. Toss these frozen berries into the blender with milk, yogurt, juice and/or other fruit and sweetener of choice for a healthy and yummy smoothie.

By Linda

A tip from a strawberry farm --- When you buy strawberries, do not wash them; just put them right into a GLASS container with a lid (like a canning or pickling jar) and put them in the fridge. They honestly keep totally fresh for a week!!!
Try it - you'll be amazed!

I like to slice or dice them and put them in the dehydrator. I then store them in a jar and add them to my hot oatmeal and cream of wheat.