BarsCookies

Dump Bars

Just as the title says it is a dump recipe that you can vary the ingredients in and it is done in 45 minutes with little mess.

• 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup oil
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Optional:

• 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • Ad

• 1 small pkg pudding mix

Directions:

"Dump' the first 7 ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir just until the ingredients are all moistened - do not over mix. Spread in a greased 9x13 pan. If you opt for the chocolate chips sprinkle them on the top, do not stir them in. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. If using a pudding mix bake 5 minutes longer.

One of my favorite options is to add 1 small package of butterscotch pudding mix instead of the cocoa and top with the chocolate chips. You can use any flavor of pudding and chip combination you like. I had Watkins butterscotch mix on hand so I used it. Yummy!

By Ann Winberg from Loup City,NE

Sounds like a recipe I would like. I do have one question. You indicated the chips should be sprinkled on top, not mixed in. What about the pudding? Should it be mixed in?