Uses for Veggie Rubber Bands

My fresh veggies at the grocery store often come with nice reusable rubber bands binding the produce. I save them and one helpful way I use them is: Slip them on your refillable drinking bottles/mugs. The metal sometimes gets slippery and this is the gripper and free at that.

Also, if more than one of you have the same bottle/mug (such as gifts, premiums) it is a way to know whose is whose! I also put the rubber band on my granddaughter's sippy cup to assist in the same way. She is less apt to drop it (church, etc) when her grip is firm, too! I just put the cup/mug into dishwasher and it stays on fine.

Source: Stood at the sink one day thinking.

By T and T Grandma from Benson, MN

What a great idea. I was saving them but had no idea what to use them for. So after reading your post I got to thinking. Shampoo and conditioner bottles are very slippery too. So viola I used the rubber bands on my shower bottles and it worked like a charm. No more bottles slipping, hitting my foot and me blindly trying to grab it. ;) Thanks for the tip!

Excellent idea. Be sure to take the band(s) off occasionally to check for mildew. Found it on my water bottle and have been checking each week.

I had been using that idea on my shampoo in the shower to mark which ones were the grandchildren's for 7 years, never thought to list that. I would use smaller bottles and fill them for the girls, so no labels on it, but the rubber bands. Also, my swimming shampoo and conditioner bottles in my gym bag have them on too, can't drop them that way at the pool, group shower room.

I found for the possible mold issue, as often as I get the veggie bands, there are always new ones, but my glasses/mugs with them on go in the dishwasher, bands and all. I do roll them down 1/2 inch or so to dry.