Having Furniture Moved Across Country

I'm moving from Kentucky to Fort Irwin, California. The problem is we are taking an airplane to get there. I have just a little bit of furniture and stuff we need to get there because our home is not furnished. How would I be able to move without having to come back to Kentucky?

By Cassandra

You will have to figure out a way to have it shipped out there. Try calling the different moving companies and get some prices.

That company pods dot com that will deliver a shipping container thing to your driveway. Do your research on the best way to ship and pack. They come and move your pod. Then when you get to where you are going they bring it to you. Have no idea how much it costs, but must be loads cheaper than a moving company. check into it. It's what I figured I'd do if this comes up in me and hubby's future.

I've used Pods, and they are wonderful. You have a Pod delivered to your old house, pack it up the way you want. I've been able to pack a bunch of stuff in there. Buy your own padlock and lock it up, call them and send it to your new house.

Everything will arrive just as you packed it! I have used them to move and to temporarily store stuff while we remodled. What a great system, and everyone I talked to was polite, courteous and professional.

Moving furniture is expensive no matter how you are doing it. If you really want to save money, time, and stress I think you should just sell your furniture. You can buy new furniture at your new place and save the $1000+ fee its going to be to move it. If you absolutely can't part with your furniture, then the pods or professional movers are your only choices.