Recipes for Sugar Free Desserts

Does anyone have a recipe for diabetic homemade ice cream, sorbet, etc.? I just got a new ice cream maker, and am trying to eat sugar free foods since I found out I have Gestational Diabetes. Thanks for the info.

Jessica

Hi, I'm diabetic (T2) for almost 4 years now and here are 2 of my quick ice cream maker dessert. Just remember even sugar-free should be in moderation. You may want to make sure of the size of the ice cream maker and adjust the amounts of ingredients if needed. My maker is a 2 quart. Enjoy.

Sugar-Free Pudding Ice Cream (reminds you of the famous pops)
1 package (store brand) vanilla or chocolate sugar-free pudding
1 1/2 cups 2% milk
6oz vanilla low fat yogurt
1 teas vanilla extract
Whisk all ingredients together and pour into ice cream maker until thick. My machine stops on its own. Freezes well for later in single containers.

Sugar-Free Slushy
Make 1 quart Sugar Free drink mix in a pitcher from instruction on package. (i.e. Crystal Light or store brand - Lemonade, Fruit punch, Iced Tea) I usually save half of the beverage for another time or just to drink.
Use 1/2 quart of the drink
Add 1 cup mashed fruit of your choice (strawberries, blueberries or even canned fruit cup drained)
Mix well and add 4 packets of Equal or sugar substitute (helps cut edge off fruit).
Once mixed pour into ice cream maker until slushy.

How about using the splenda sugar they also have a brown sugar one (now if they can come out with a powdered sugar that would be great for my pumpkin rolls) (might make it without the powdered sugar this year) I gave away my regular sugar, and brown sugar and brought the splenda stuff. Hope this helps

http://www.thri … D%3A11&hl=en

Check with local hospital to see if they have diabetic classes. They will teach you the carb exchange program. The program of so many breads, fruits, vegetables, etc., and how much of each is no longer used. Also can get this info from the American Diabetic Association, who also can direct you towards sugar free recipes.

If powdered sugar is needed, put respenda sugar in a blender and whip until it turns into a powder. I have tried it and it worked. I did this when I was trying to make sugarless fudge. The recipe I used didn't turn into fudge but it did turn into toffee.

To make sugarless powder, put resplenda in a blender and whip up until it has turned into powder. I did this and it worked. I was trying my fudge recipe with resplenda instead of sugar. It didn't turn into fudge but it became toffee instead. Still it was candy without sugar. My mother loved it.

Rita, from Ontario, Canada

My favorite "ice-cream" is simply frozen fruit (berries are great) blended in a food processor with one or two bananas to make a creamy soft-serve type ice-cream. I don't have exact quantities, but I simply add banana until the food processor blends everything smoothly. No extra sugar is necessary, but you could add some artificial sweetener if you wish. This can be eaten immediately.

Brenda