Throw Rug Stains On Linoleum

I had a red throw runner on my kitchen floor which faded into my off white vinyl tile. I have tried bleach to remove and it is of no effect on that horrible red stain. It is a square, the shape of the rug. Any suggestions please?

By PattyB from Omaha, NE

I have a bathroom with a new linoleum floor (less than one year). Our tenants put throw rugs by the toilet and shower. The rugs reacted with the linoleum and left a dark yellow stain exactly the outline of the rugs. I have tried everything to remove the stain. Can anyone please help?

Thriftyone

My throw rug bled on the lenoleum,how can you remove the stain

My ex-scumlord (and thank God ex almost mother-in-law) had this problem but with red on white linoleum all over the foyer and part of the kitchen. I tried everything. The only thing that had any impact (small though) was Mr. Clean erasers. And that took hours and lots of elbow grease. Good luck.

This might fade by itself with time. Something similar happened to me years ago. I have metal kitchen cabinets covered with clear birch printed Contac plastic. One Christmas time, I attached strips of red gift tie ribbon to the doors to form a border around cardboard cutouts. I attached everything with dots of Funtak. After Christmas, I pulled the ribbons off, and saw red lines on the Contac, apparently the chemicals in the Contac had pulled color out of the ribbon.

It wasn't the Funtak, because there was no color where the Funtak dots had been. I didn't know what to do and left it alone. By the following Christmas, I realized the red lines had faded away. Of course, I haven't repeated my mistake ever since. It looks like the chemicals in your floor covering pulled color out of the rug. Let it alone, and maybe it will fade over time.

I agree with Mr clean magic erasers. If that doesn't work then I really don't think anything will. Maybe Oxy Clean...

You could try cleaning it with a paste of baking soda and water. Good luck.

Cool

You could try a paste of baking soda and water

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsNovember 5, 2010
💘
🍀