Onesie Cake

One of my best friends is expecting a little girl next month. We are throwing a surprise shower lunch for her at work and I thought that a "onesie cake" would be adorable for the table.

Instead of just diapers, I put a ring of onesies around the outside of each layer of diapers and wrapped each ring with lavender ribbon. Little Gracie's new nursery is decorated in shades of lilac and rose using a butterfly theme. I thought that this "cake" fits her theme fairly well!

By Carrie from Herkimer, New York

By Janet from toronto (Guest Post)

I would love to make this craft,,,i just love it...
could u kindly give me more details...
how is this attached to each other
what supplies do I need...
thks for the great craft...
regards

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift, it will be the hit of the shower.

It was very easy and when I looked on line at the prices websites were charging, I decided to make my own! All my materials cost $50 (about) a little more pricey b/c I used Carter's line of onesies. They're my personal fav!

I used one pack of newborn diapers (Pampers), open each diaper up and roll it tight, wrap a thin rubberband around it to hold it, I didn't bother to count how many I used on a tier, I just put it together until I liked the size, then use a very large rubberband the hold the whole tier together. Make the second tier slightly smaller than the first, same with the top tier.
I used nice Carter's onesies for the ring around the top tier, ( 6 Carter's onesies cost me $16 as I purchased them on sale at Macy's and I had a coupon) The other onesies were Carter's from Walmart, those were around the second tier, then the bottom tier had Walmart washclothes. The onesies were easy to roll, fold in half and roll tight, hold with rubberband. I found the cute butterfly slippers at Kmart and the base of the case was actually a piece of leftover cardboard I wrapped in pink tissue paper. I stacked the tiers, wrapped each tier with a pretty ribbon making a cute bow at the front and then used the rest of the ribbon to tie the whole thing together so it was stable. The ribbon also hides the rubberbands.

The shower was today and I must have gotten 20 compliments! I even have a few people interested in buying them from me!!

My grand daughter is planning for another baby, this will be her shower gift. Thanks for sharing a great idea, from one crafter to another.

Crafts Party DecorationsApril 16, 2007
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
Generated 2020-08-18 10:34:25 in 922 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf33551268.tip.html