Garden Weather Vane Keeps Falling Over

I need an idea on where to place a weather vane. It is only a foot tall. It is not the kind that you put on your roof; it has a flat base. It falls over if I place it in the garden on the ground. I really need suggestions. Thanks.

By waitress from Brick, NJ

Not knowing how large the base is, I could suggest several options. Placing river rock around and on the base to help stablize it. Burying the base and putting rocks around the area that is buried. Putting in a post and mounting it to the top of the post with screws or gorilla glue.

That's all I can think of, maybe something will come to mind from those suggestions.

Good luck!

I would buy a yard timber and or a nice log and mount it to that so it is higher. Just bend over a good sized nail it a trio around the base if you can't put screws through it. A nice flower at the base, that kind of thing.
You could also glue it to a decorated paving stone, or do one of those make your own stepping stone kits and put the base of the weather vane into it.