Shipping Cookies to Afghanistan

I would like to ship home baked cookies to Afghanistan from Pennsylvania, USA. Are there certain cookies that ship better than others? What is a good packing method so the cookies arrive without becoming broken? I read a while ago about using popcorn, but cannot remember any other details. Thank you for any help and ideas.

By it's.only.me

Any kind of cookie will work. First ask family and friends to help you collect empty Pringle potatoe chip containers. Make the cookies small enough to fit them and freeze them before shipping. When shipping use newspaper for extra padding.

We used to ship a lot of cookies to friends and family stationed in Vietnam. Use the resealable plastic bags with 3-4 cookies per bag. The best packing material we found was popped popcorn. Inexpensive, light and totally biodegradable especially since the packing material can be eaten too.

If you can vacuum seal- a small handheld can be found for under $20.00, my soldiers say this is best to keep baked goods fresh and mildew free. The pringles can is also good to keep them from breaking up, but wrap up cookie "stacks" in plastic/saran wrap also to keep fresh, soldiers appreciate anything that lets them know that someone from home cares!

I always send to my specific soldiers and also address extra packages to "Any soldier" at the same FOB address or to "The Chaplain" for the guys that never get anything from home, because most of the time these are just homesick kids that really are wondering what they've got themselves into.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CookiesDecember 5, 2011
💘
🍀