ProductsCleaning

Use Hand Sanitizer as a Stain Remover

Oh my goodness! hand sanitizer gel removes eyelash dye stain from a cream coloured Jacquard curtain! I squirted some on and dabbed with a cotton pad. The curtains went in the wash and I had to repeat the process but in the end the stain disappeared. I am just amazed!

The Hand Sanitizer gel also removes permanent marker from CD's that you may have mis-labeled, marker stains on skin and removes pen marks from kitchen work tops!

By Monique from SOMERSET, U.K

Thank you for mentioning this! My husband is forever getting stains on his shirt when away from home, but usually has lost the stain removal pen we try to keep in the car. Since we always keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in the cup holder, he'll have something else to use now. Great tip!

It probably works because it contains so much alcohol!

Debbie, Vodka or rubbing alcohol might not work on its own, so whatever ingredients are in the hand sanitizer as well as the alcohol certainly does its job. I mean, eyelash dye on cream fabric and it removed it. Amazing, don't you think?! Keep smiling. Monique :)