Folded Towel Cat
February 7, 2012
Instead of just giving towels as a baby shower or bridal shower gift, create cats by folding the towels and adding a few embellishments. Create a basketful of cats by placing several in a basket for a cute gift!
Approximate Time: about 30 minutes
- hand towel or baby towel
- 5 elastic hair bands
- 3 buttons
- brown or black embroidery floss
- needle and thread
- ribbon scrap
- silk flower or other embellishment
- Fold one end of towel so that the edge is in the center of the towel.
- Fold over the other end so that the edge meets the fold on the opposite side.
- Fold in each side in the same manner.
- Turn towel over so that the smooth side is facing up.
- Place an elastic band around one short end, about 1/3 of the way down the towel for the head.
- Double an elastic band and place one on each corner of the folded towel to create ears and feet.
- Use needle and thread to sew on buttons for the eyes and some pieces of embroidery floss (about 4 inches long) for the whiskers. Stitch on a button over center of whiskers for the nose. You could even stitch a mouth, if desired.
- Wrap a piece of ribbon around the elastic band at the neck to hide the band. Stitch in place and add a flower by applying a few stitches to it.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
June 4, 20130 found this helpful
I really love this little cat craft! Thank you so much for sharing!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2024 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.