Shampoo Bottles Corroding Fiberglass Tub?

I have a fiberglass tub that seems to be corroding where I keep my shampoo bottles. Is there any way to stop it or clean it? Sometimes the marks are black.

By jackie from New Castle, DE

Try the magic erasers. I use them on my tub and everything else too! I love them!

You might check the cleaning info here: www.thriftyfun.com/tf000735.tip.html

If it is only where you keep your shampoo bottles then I would get one of those shower organizers that hang over your shower head or bar to keep your bottles off of the tub.
www.google.com/products?q=shower+caddy

Or buy one of the shampoos or soaps that comes in a bottle with a hanging end, then refill it with your fave shampoon when empty like: tinypic.com/.../6

I've never seen shampoo or conditioner bottles corrode fiberglass. Rather than corrosion it's probably soap build up and what makes me think that is because you mention black marks.

Those marks are mildew. When you do your weekly shower/tub cleaning just be sure to also clean the area where the bottles sit and also clean the scum on the bottles and rinse them before placing them back in their appointed spots ;-)

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJanuary 22, 2010
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf35243648.tip.html