DecoratingHome Improvement

Tips For Frugal Home Decor

Texture Paint: Prior painting, add candle shavings to your paint to get a texture affect.

Bathroom Mirrors: I use left over molding/trimming and make a border around the mirror to make it more appealing.

Curtain Rods: I took a piece of PVC pipe spray painted it silver and attached two elbows at the ends. Then screwed two caps to the wall so when I mount it - the elbows will fit into the caps.

By Michelle from San Jose, CA

By (Guest Post)

Hi Michelle,
Thankyou for the great ideas! I am going to try them!
love and hugs,
Marcia

Very good ideas, Michelle! My favorite tip is to use sheets for fabric to make curtains, cover furniture, and make pillows from. You get much more yardage from sheets and it doesn't cost as much as fabric from a bolt, and, often you can get sheets from yard sales or thrift shops. I reupholstered an awful looking orange/brown/and yellow fabric chair with a really nice quality gingham sheet, and it is one of my most favorite chairs. I also have a lot of mismatched, used furniture, that I painted all one color and now it looks much more coordinated.