ShoppingBudget & Finance

Grocery Book Deals

Does anyone know some good offers for buying grocery coupon books? A lady on another site had posted one but I lost the post somehow. I have 6 kids and she was talking about a book of coupons that saved her over half off her grocery bill.

Sharon M.

Coupon, coupon, coupon! Tell him that he needs to get joined to a coupon website such as www.refundcents.com or other, and trade for coupons. Keep track of what's hot and what's not. Always buy a Sunday paper and clip as many coupons as he might possibly use (most will go unused, but you never know what will be offered on sale.) Study the site's basic couponing information. He can stock up on things that are really cheap (like the 30 GUM toothbrushes I got last week for tax only) or the Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce that's on sale for $1 right now and has coupons for $1 (what a coincidence!) There are coupons for $1 off milk, meat coupons, produce and other valuables.

He can also apply at his local community action for food boxes, inquire about food stamps, and grow a garden. Greens are so productive, you could grow about four plants and just pick the outside leaves. Eat them once a week until frost. Once I brought in an old metal trash can that had rusty holes in the bottom and planted two plants of chard in it. We ate chard every two weeks for the whole winter. It's much more productive in the summer.

My grocery budget is $25.00 per week, and we're doing fine for the two of us big eaters.

Good luck!

Watch out on buying those "coupon booklets". I was reading where someone bought some from some place like grocery connection or something like that and it was a big ripoff. I'd hate for you or anyone to spend your hard earned money just to fill some rip off artist's mailbox and wallet! Coreenhart knows what she's talking about. Smart shopping is being up on your grocery prices, knowing what coupons are out there & available, and what local stores have on sale for that week. The refunding url that colleen talks about it a great one. Also, see about trading on their rmctraders list.

Go to "thecoupoclippers.com" where you can purchase manufacturer's coups clipped from Sunday papers for as little as .05 ea. and in multiples.
Only requirement is you have to spend $3.00 to make it worth their while. I look through the grocery ads as soon as I get them, and know what to purchase that I use. I will purchase in quantity for non food items and for freezer items and items I use all the time. My local stores had a fantastic 1/2 price sale on Perdu Oven Roaster chickens. TCC had $2.00 off coups on them. I now have six big roasting chickens in my freezer for a little over $3.00 ea. They have many .75 cent coups.

I have grocery coupons email me at sharmarie_bul @ yahoo.com (remove spaces)

Check out this site it is realy good

www.grocerybook.tk