StainsCleaning

Brown Paint on Clothing

I have 2 pairs of cotton bermuda shorts and 1 40% polyester, 60% cotton shirt with water base brown paint stains which have been washed and hand dried. Have tried Dawn w/baking soda past and this didn't work in removing the stains. Can anyone advise please?

Thank you,
Brenda from Mass.

First, find out what kind of paint it is. Paints that come in tubes are of different varieties, is it oil paint or acrylic or possibly something else?

Second, if it is a water based paint, acrylic or tempera, try soaking it in water with a little dish soap rubbed into the stain. If that seems to be lightening it, keep working on the stains.

If it is oil paint, you will probably need some kind of solvent to get it out, turpentine, white spirit or alcohol.

You could also look for the manufacturer on the internet and see if they have any help in getting out paint stains for their type of paint.

Good luck.
Susan

just went through that all you do is take rubbing
alcohol put on paint and scrub with a toothbrush
you will see the paint disappear then wash as
usual""

Why is it no matter how careful you try to be you get stuff down you - esp on something new! I never realised that I had bright orange oil paint on my hand till I got in our car- I had been touching my tee-shirt, making sure it was pulled down right till I noticed bright orange finger marks all over it! How can I get the stains off as my mums gonna go mental for a £45 t-shirt! Any Advice is much appreciated

P.S. - my paints were not out of cans but out of tubes - the box also never came with any instructions on how to remove stains, oh! and also, would a teeny bit of white spirit help to get rid of the stain?
Thanks x Sambo

today i was painting my new house door with my mom and sat in a huge puddle of paint and we have washed it and tryed hair sray but it still wont come out please HELP me or i'm Toast =)

bleach fell on my clothes is there a possible way to repaint it?

Editor's Note: Try to find some liquid dye that matches the clothes. That's about all you can do. Also the fabric can be weakened a lot from the bleach. If they are small spots, you might try using markers.