BirdsPest Control

Problem with a Robin Pecking at Window

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do with a problem robin? From morning until late afternoon, this robin will try to fly into one of several windows. He flaps his wings, pecking on the window and sometimes actually slams into the window. Is he seeing his reflection? What can I do to shoo him away, and make sure he doesn't harm himself?

Any thought would be greatly appreciated!

By Maggie

I have the same problem except my robin is doing this to a stainless steel trash can, lol. They can see their reflection and are either trying to antagonize the reflection or mate it! I'm not sure which. Anyway, I moved the can and that solved my problem. Here are some tips for you:
http://www.wild  als-Windows.html

Put a rubber snake in the window. You should be able to find one of these at a toy store.

Hang an ornament in your windows that the birds can see. This may keep them from thinking that the window reflection is open sky.