Preventing Jeans from Stretching?

How do you stop excessive fabric stretching? My new jeans stretch so much that in about an hour I need a belt or suspenders to keep them on. Any ideas on how to fix fabric so that it doesn't stretch so much or so quickly? They are Levi's, 99% cotton and 1% Lycra Spandex.

By Elena from San Francisco, CA

Make sure you are washing them in cold water and hang drying. This will pervent form shrinking as much.

EVM.I worked for a clothing manufacturer for a while. When the pants stretch after wearing a while, it is a defect from laying the pattern on the fabric with too much bias. Bias stretches. Take them back to the store and get another pair as nothing will ever solve this. There is no way to detect this before purchase, if your store won't take them back, look up Levi's web site and complain to customer service. They should make them right. Good Luck. L

No, wash in the hot water to shrink them so when you put them on, they take the shape of your hips and butt. To keep from fading when you do this, wash with a cup of salt (can use canning salt, cheaper). This sets dyes. In fact the first time you wash your jeans, if you want to retain the same color, do this.

Now I like the stretch in my jeans and the comfort fit it gives when it stretches after I wear them. The guys have carpenter jeans which fit the butt without the crouch snug. I buy jeans with the lycra in them to be comfortable.
As Barbara Walters says, you can wear your jeans repeatedly (she said 6-7 times) before washing them. The table talk on the view agreed, and most said 4-5 times.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceMay 21, 2009
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
Generated 2020-08-18 11:46:35 in 859 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf36834202.tip.html