Getting Rid of Cobwebs

Got out of control cob webs in your house? Well, I did until I figured out that spider webs form the base of your basic cob web. I used to be very thankful to the daddy long legs spider because they caught and trapped all of the mosquitoes, gnats, etc. But one day I looked up at my semi-cathedral ceiling and it was covered in a false-cover of cob webs. It was huge!

I decided to eliminate the poor spiders. Agree or not, I let off one of those bug killer bombs (only one) in my house. That's all it took. No more spider cob webs for the next 3 years! They won't hurt your pets, but you do have to air out your house, so cover all your fish tanks, pots and pans or anything else exposed to the gas. Take your pets somewhere else for 2 hours or so.

I have had no bad results, including danger to my two 18 year old cats. I would rather do this than to pay a huge price for the bug man.

By sue123 from Oroville, CA

I still worry about pets getting "gassed" this bomb mist must land some where? If you have birds they are very affected by sprays etc. As a matter of fact burning a teflon pan can kill a bird. Be careful! I would rather vac a few spiders then make my pets sick.

To Amandablue, heating a teflon pan and killing a bird is a falacy. Your normal kitchen stove could never get the pan hot enough to let off those kinds of vapors. You would need a furnace.

I think hundreds of avian vets and any owner who lost a bird because of their neglect would disagree with you. Bird lungs are the most susceptible to airborne polutants of any kind. Canary in a coal mine was not just a song by Sting and personally i don't even use aerosols in the house. Call any professional avian caretaker, i'll be happy to give you the names and numbers of 3 avian vets if you would like.

Actually heating an empty Teflon pan CAN kill birds. A birds respiratory system is very sensitive.