Eyeglass Lens Have a Milky Discoloration?

I have had my eye glasses for 3 years now, that I wear all day They have gotten a whitish milky look on the bottom and top sections that does not come off (on both lenses). It's like it is in the glass or something.

This has never happened with my other glasses before. Seems if I paid $400 for them that this should not happen. I take good care of them, as well.

By kathy from Phoenix, AZ

It might be a problem with the coating applied to the lens. Go back to where you purchased the eyeglasses and inquire there, maybe they will have advice for you.

Anonymous

This happen to me too just less than one year and I went back to Cohen's Fashion Optical in Roosevelt Field Mall, Long island NY, which I paid $700 for my transition bifocals. They said I need to buy new ones, such a rip off.

My husband is having the same problem with his glasses that are about 1 yr old. Did you happen to get your glasses at Lens Crafters?

Lens Crafters SUCKS i have 2 pair from them an eye and sunglasses they both are having lense issues and the pair I had 2yrs ago from them same problem and I have the most expensive polycarbonate they offer

Lenscrafters is absolute sh*t. I got an eye exam there (paid), and purchased 3 pairs of glasses. I also brought my two sons there for their eye exams and glasses. They both got Oakleys and I got 3 pairs of Oakleys. 5 pairs in total. I had to have two pairs remade. One of the pairs was redone five times. After the 5th fail, I asked for a refund. I ended up exchanging another pair for a remake because the lenses started spiderweb cracking. the rimless Oakleys were either loose (wobbly), or they were crooked. Not happening. I worked in the eye care field for a few years and know how things work.

in 3 years I saw maybe 7 pairs that needed to be remade. With the covid19 present, all stores are closed, and the online store states they can't do anything about it. This makes the sixth pair of glasses that are screwy...They're drill mounts, which are loose, and the lenses have a milky white fog that is under the A/R coating. So far, I'm over $2,000 deep with Lenscrafters in just 7 months. What do they tell me? "We can't help you with your problem, but you can purchase another pair if you can't wait".

It could be the scratchproof coating if you have one. It might need to be removed and replaced. But after three years don't you need a new RX?

I had eyeglasses for decades and have never heard of this, but I think that the previous posters might be on to something. It must be the coating. Take them back to the place where you got them and inquire.

When my eyeglasses do this I use Isopropyl Alcohol and a t-shirt type material to clean them. Hope this will work for you, too!

Anonymous

Use beeswax like from lip balm. Rub just little on outside area of the frame.

I have this happen on Brand New Lenses! I'm on my 2nd pair. when I go out on a sunny day, I get Horizontal stripes on the right lens and a Round pattern on the left. I took my glasses back to get new lenses, but it still happens.

Luckily, if I clean my lenses, using the correct cleaner, it goes away until I'm in the sun again. Very Frustrating after spending top dollar for Progressives with the most expensive coatings. The optical office thinks I'm nuts! Like no one else has this issue!

YOU SAVED ME NEW GLASSES WITH YOUR RUBBING ALCOHOL... IT TOTALLY WORKED! and I agreed with everything you said. Same here! thank you! my eyes thank you! as this was my dominant eye and I have been MISERABLE. I can seeeeeee again and i can feel my eye relaxing! thank you!

People that have this problem - let us ban together and bring a class action suite against the manufacturers.

Is there an fix or some way to remove the anti-glare coating on my eye glasses? I was told that it might crack if my eye glasses experienced some kind of heat wave from opening the oven door, which happened over the thanksgiving holiday. Other than the milky film that resulted, the glasses are fine, so I'd like to keep wearing them. They're only 9 months old!

Hopefully there's a cleaner out there that will take the film off. Thanks for your help.

By Allie

Answers

Anonymous

I have had this problem and when I took it back they treated me like a beggar. Like I was trying to get new glasses for nothing.My glasses were not even 2 years old and I paid over 400 for them. I told her I wanted to know what caused it and how to fix it. She said it must be the way i cleaned them.

But she could not get it off either. So she said well I guess I can replace them, but this is just one time you know. Totally got me mad, and I told her I did not want her inferior lenses. and I would never be back. I am not some thrash that begs for new glasses. Its their crap that they are selling.

Anonymous

Rubbing alcohol did not work.. Nothing works. The glasses are made in layers and something lets go. Like the gas in the insulated windows. And they will not fix them.

Answer this Question

Consumer Advice General AdviceApril 20, 2010
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf37434351.tip.html