Applesauce Cookie Recipes

Category Cookies
Cookies made with applesauce are sweet and moist. This page contains applesauce cookie recipes.

It's a recipe for great cookies so easily made with boxed cake mix.

Directions:

Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add oil and combine well with eggs. (It will get slightly thick). Add applesauce.

Sift Cake Mix with cinnamon, and add half to egg mixture. Stir. Add other half of cake mix. Stir it in. Add oatmeal and pecans and stir. Mixture will be very thick.

Cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool in refrigerator for 2-3 hours. (Overnight is OK). Roll into walnut sized balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheet ( or lightly greased cookie sheet). Flatten slightly with flat bottom of glass.

Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven when edges are brown. Allow to cool slightly, then remove cookies to wire rack.

Don't expect to eat just one. They're worse than Lay's Potato Chips.

Servings: 20-30
Time:10-15 Minutes Preparation Time
10-12 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: A recipe my son and I made up to suit him. He loves pecans.

By Pookarina/Julia from Boca Raton, FL

These cookies came about as I've been trying to cut down on refined sugar. I used the sweetness from pure applesauce and honey instead of using any white or brown sugars. I did use a small amount of dark chocolate chips, but upped the raisins. They turned out really good, soft and comforting. One of these cookies every once in a while does not make me feel bad at all. :)

Prep Time: 15 minutes + chill time

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 24 cookies

• 1 1/4 cup quick oats
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 large egg
  • 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup raisins

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
  2. In another bowl, whisk together the applesauce and the egg.
  3. Add the honey, then very slowly drizzle in the melted butter and whisk until completely smooth.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
  5. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
  6. Mix in the raisins, then chill for at least 30 minutes in the fridge. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  7. Drop the dough in balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 13-15 minutes, until lightly browned at the edges. Put the baking sheet on a wire rack and allow to cool for a few minutes, then transfer the cookies to the rack to cool completely. Stored in container keeping times: 3 days at room temperature, 1 week in the fridge, 3 months in the freezer.

Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and baking soda. Mix butter, sweetener and egg until light and fluffy.

Then add flour mixture and applesauce alternately, mixing well after each addition. Fold in raisins and All-Bran.

They are simple and very moist! Cream margarine and sugars. Add egg, mixing well. Add flour, and all dry ingredients alternately with applesauce.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix together flour, salt and spices. Cream butter and sugar thoroughly. Stir soda into applesauce. Add egg and combine with the creamed mixture. Gradually mix in dry ingredients. Stir in nuts and dates.

I would like to know how to use applesauce in cookie recipes in place of butter and shortening. Any recipes would be welcome, especially sugar, peanut butter, and chocolate chip. Thanks!

Cheryl from Saugerties, NY

Answers

By Rhonda (Guest Post)

I have been using applesauce in place of fat for a long time. Replace the fat quantity with the same amount of applesauce. This works great with breads, brownies and cookies. I also make my own applesauce from apples that have gotten soft, this way there is no extra added sugar.

You can replace butter/margarine in moist bar recipes such as brownies. Use 1/2 cup replaces 1/2 cup. Also in the cookies that are made from a cake mix you can use applesauce instead of oil. Again 1/2 c. replaced with a half cup. I would think it would work in quick breads or muffins but have never tried.

Harriet

By Darlene (Guest Post)

Yes applesauce work's just great! The only reason oil is used is to keep food moist and applesauce has the same effect. And do not worry you can not even tell it is there.T ry it I think you will like it. It is also something we learned to use after my Dad had by-pass surgery. It is definitely much healthier also I do not even use salt when I cook or bake and everything turns out just fine. Happy Eating, darlene

By jenny (Guest Post)

My experience is that cookies turn out way too cake-like with just applesauce. If you're okay with those kinds of cookies, enjoy! They can't be salvaged after the fact by adding butter (I tried adding melted butter to the remaining dough - didn't work). I haven't tried half applesauce, half butter, but my suspicion is that nothing can take the place of butter, at least for cookies. Applesauce instead of butter is great in banana bread though! Good luck.

By jenny (Guest Post)

my experience is that cookies turn out way too cake-like with just applesauce. if you're okay with those kinds of cookies, enjoy! they can't be salvaged after the fact by adding butter (i tried adding melted butter to the remaining dough - didn't work). i haven't tried half applesauce, half butter, but my suspicion is that nothing can take the place of butter... at least for cookies. applesauce instead of butter is great in banana bread though! good luck.

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. almond extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup applesauce
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 cup oatmeal
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup pecan pieces and/or 1 cup raisins (optional)

Directions

Cream together butter and sugars. Add almond extract, eggs, vanilla, and applesauce. Mix well. Blend in flour, oatmeal, and baking soda. If desired, add pecan pieces and raisins. drop by teaspoons onto non-stick cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. Yield: 3 dozen.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Applesauce Cookies

I have looked at both applesauce cookie recipes posted on 10/30/09 and am a little confused. They are both posted by same person but ingredients and amounts are different. Is one a good recipe and the other recipe? Thank you.

(b)Editor's Note:(/b) They are two different versions, both are "good" recipes. Robin has hundreds of different recipes that she submits. (10/30/2009)

By Poca

Ingredients

• 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup raisins or nuts

Directions

Mix all of the ingredients together and drop onto cookie sheets. Bake at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CookiesMay 23, 2012
🌻
🐛
📓