Can't Get Rid of Lice

My sister and niece have lice. My sister has taken her daughter to the Doctor. He told them to get Rid. They couldn't find it at the drugstore but they did find Nix. They used it and did everything they were told and It didn't work.

My sister called the Doctor back and was told to saturate both of their heads with mayonaise and leave it on for 8 hrs. They did that and for almost a week they thought they were gone. They hadn't seen any until today. The Doctor prescribed something called Ovine.

With the insurance they have the meds were still going to cost $123.00 and that was just for my nieces head. They don't have much money right now and $123.00 to her may as well be a million. Please, if anyone knows anything that will work I would love the feedback.

They were supposed to come to my house for Thanksgiving because they didn't have anything but now with the lice I can't take a chance of anyone else getting them. My niece is 2. Thank you so much!

Beverly from Louisville, KY

Just repeat what you did with mayo if it seemed to work for a week. Even Rid and Nix have to be repeated in 7-10 days in case missed nits have hatched or perhaps nits that were on other surfaces. Just persist in what works and use a comb on them. No need to cancel Thanksgiving. It isn't that big of a deal.