Getting Rid of Head Lice and Nits

I need help and advice. I discovered my 9yr old had nits/lice not sure what the difference is to be honest. I read the conditioner method so tried it this morning. I brushed the dry hair caked it in conditioner then used the wee plastic comb but genuinely don't think I found anything. But now round the front and sides of her hair are wee black things, that I'm having to drag out with my fingers. What are they? Did the conditioner thing not work? Did I do it wrong? What do I do now? Help! It's freaking me out. Should I just get like Hedrin or something?

My daughter had lice many years ago. The photo shows the nits, or egg sacs. They must be pulled out one by one, because they stick to the hair shaft with a glue-like substance. We bought an over the counter shampoo. It killed the live lice, which we combed out. We had to repeat the shampoo. I dont remember how long you had to wait for the second treatment. For 3 weeks, every morning and night, I had to go through her entire scalp and pick out those nits. The school had a no-nit policy at the time. You also have to launder or dry clean all items she came in contact with. Put stuffed animals in the dryer for half and hour. They have sprays for sofas and car upholstery. It is a real pain. Good luck.

Health & Beauty AdviceJuly 29, 2019
📓
🌻
🎂