Cover Garden Beds With Sheets For Weed Prevention

Too many morning glories is a fairly easy fix. In the spring, put down old sheets, material, or newspaper and put leaves and straw on it and praises to be the few scattered outside. Those you can decide which to keep and which to pull. At the end of the year, you just dump the mulch and lay sheets, etc. back down and do again next spring.

I do my entire flower gardens this way for weed control, but sheets and newspaper usually only last one summer whereas the material (sewing kind) will last for 5 or 6 and sometimes even more.

By gbk from south GA

Nifty idea! Having been raised to be thrifty, I have a number of old sheets that I've never needed yet for rags or projects; they should work great for this! But I'll leave a gap between the fabric and the porch, and extend it all the way out to the lawn. That way all the morning glory that sprouts will be right under the railings so they can climb straight up. :D