Using Soap Nuts for Household Cleaning

Category Tips
As we to try to use greener cleaning products, we are also on the lookout for new natural products. This is a guide about using soap nuts for household cleaning.

I have become a recent convert to soap nuts. These are dried berries which many countries use for cleaning. They clean your clothes just as well as washing powder, but the clothes are so soft, and residue free. You can put 3 or 4 of them straight into the machine if you use hot water (you can reuse them several times) or make a liquid by boiling some soap nuts, which I put in ice cube trays and keep them in my freezer. These handy little soap cubes can be used for floors, bathrooms, etc.

I know I sound like an addict, but they are just so good. Do yourself a favor and search for them on the internet. If you re-use your grey water as I do, you don't want to put too many nasties on your garden (or yourself). They are fantastic and of course they are not expensive, especially when you look at the price of cleaning products. They are so much better for the environment too.

By happy ending from Geraldton

Sustainable Forest Harvest!

Maggie's Soap Nuts (TM) is the only laundry soap that grows on trees! Truly effective, 100% natural and safe for your most sensitive skin. Soap Nuts are the dried fruit of the Chinese soapberry tree. They contain saponin, a natural cleaner used for thousands of years to clean clothes, just like the plants used by Native Americans for washing.

Simply put a few Soap Nuts into the included cotton sack and drop it in your laundry. Your clothes come out clean, vibrant, and soft. Replace your laboratory detergents and softeners with the soap made from Nature by Nature. Your clothes, your skin, your family, and your planet will thank you.

Source: This is from an article in http://www.gimundo.com/. I did not write the article and I am only taking credit for the great Green Living Tip it gives to all of us. I will be Soap Nutting my clothes from now on.

By Joseph from Laval West, Laval, Quebec, Canada