Scenery: Sope Creek Park (Marietta, GA)

This picture was taken in Marietta, Georgia at Sope Creek Park. There are 16 miles of hiking trails and I've been lost on every one of them. I love the creek and it was by far my favorite place to take my dogs hiking.

During the summer, it's a favorite place for many locals to have picnics and go wading. It's sort of funny just to sit and watch newcomers try to leap from rock to rock only to fall in and get soaked.

It really is a remarkable and peaceful place just to sit and relax. The depth really differs up and down the creek, from waist deep to a foot deep. It's quite a hike just to reach it. It has some related Civil War history and there are the remains of two different factories.

By CPJ from Madison, AL

Photos ScenerySeptember 6, 2011
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
Generated 2020-07-20 10:08:18 in 830 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf38172126.tip.html

SceneryPhotos