GardenPhotos

Garden: Half And Half Roses

Category Garden

Several of my rose bushes this year are blooming in varied colors. Some of the bushes just have two different colors of bloom, but this one is very unique- it has blooms that are half and half. They seem to be split right into two different colors on a single bloom.

By Angi from Spokane, WA

Half And Half Roses

By mookith (Guest Post)

That's so cool, you should bury it in silica medium for a week or so and preserve it!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I know that many plants are actually two different palnts put together. The root is a hardier variety and the top is the prettier one. Maybe that's what's happening here!

Reply Like this photo? Yes
By Ellie (Guest Post)

How beautiful. When I was a little girl (quite some time ago,LOL!) my grandfather had in his front garden a huge camelia tree that had pink flowers, white flowers, and some pink and white striped flowers all on the same tree.

I was fascinated with it.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

That is truly beautiful! I've never seen a rosebush do that before. Thanks for sharing it with us and God bless you.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
By Coll (Guest Post)

Glenn'smom is probably right. With the two colored flower, it may be reverting back to its original color, the hardier plant, so don't be surprised if next year its one color. It is beautiful.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

That is beautiful. Wish I could grow roses (any flower) that were as beautiful.

Reply Like this photo? Yes