Wildlife: Blue Heron

I was out at a park in and was trying to photograph other birds when this heron wandered out from behind some tall grass. I hoped to snap a shot of the bird catching a fish, but no luck!

By Terri

Just love great blues, so elegant so still!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 520 Feedbacks

Superb!
Marg from England.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

We saw this blue heron right as he was having a snack from the pond.

By Georganna from Liberty, KY

A blue heron right after catching a fish

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

I took this photo of a great blue heron, while he was fishing at Beaver Marsh last week. Beaver Marsh was an auto salvage/junk yard a few decades ago until some busy beavers built a dam, and flooded the area. Since then all kinds of wildlife have come back to the region, which is now part of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park near Akron, OH.

By Joyce

A blue heron fishing in Beaver Marsh in Ohio.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

A beautiful snap of this heron, which makes this former N.W. WA. lady miss so much of what was so frequently observed when I lived there. I love it when the pictures are sent to me, but then I get a bit blue because of the money limitations on our chances of travel. I continue to wait for each and every photo she sends, nevertheless.

Source: My sister from Camano Island, WA.

By Loretta from Theodore, AL

Wildlife: Blue Heron

Answers:

Wildlife: Blue Heron

A beautiful picture. If you live anywhere near water in Alabama (lakes or even a large pond) you should be able to see Herons there. We saw them frequently when we lived in Central Florida. Best wishes.

(07/30/2009)

By Joan

I was sitting on my patio and looking through the trees this afternoon and saw a heron land on top of a huge Ponderosa Pine tree hundreds of yards away. Well, I kept watching and thinking I should go inside and get my camera and yet I was thinking that by the time I got back outside, the heron would be gone.

I am so glad I decided to go ahead and grab the camera and I am so thankful for a really good zoom because that tree is a few hundred feet away, and who knows how many feet tall, and the wind was blowing which was making the Cherry tree branches that are closer get in the way of the view but I just kept shooting and was Blessed with this shot :-)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Answers:

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Absolutely beautiful, thank you so much for this. (05/05/2010)

By Leah Jones

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

I am so glad you took a picture of your bird. I live over here on the Yakima river just west of the Columbia and we have a lot of bird people over here. I think your bird is a Great Blue Heron. Good picture, and keep watching the birds. It's a lot of fun and there are so many kinds in our area. Great Hobby. (05/05/2010)

By Linda

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

At any rate, it was a lovely lucky moment to capture this cool photo of a "Heron" on the top of an incredibly tall Ponderosa Pine, which is 'hundreds' of feet away, with the leaves of other trees swaying in the wind blocking the view of the bird.

By Deeli

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Deeli, kudos for your grace and humor and thanks for sharing your spectacular picture. (05/11/2010)

By Lelia Jo Cordell

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Hahaha Deeli, with all the birds in the air or on foot, YOU are a winner, no matter what the name. Great camera you have and study aim. HUGS & Love (05/20/2010)

By Vi Johnson

Hi everyone. Just wanted to share a picture with you. This is a Grand Heron he was so close, incredible! He seem to like posing for me.

Photos WildlifeJuly 12, 2010
🎉
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf38563731.tip.html