Vegetables for a Potted Garden?

I am wanting to plant some vegetables in pots next spring. What kinds of vegetables can I plant in pots? I really like tomatoes and used to help my mother with those, but I am wondering about others.

Also, since I have two crazy cats who once attacked and ate an entire aloe plant, I cannot rear the plants from seed indoors. When should I plan to buy the plants to plant in pots outdoors?

Hardiness Zone: 6b

Crazyliblady from Pittsburg, KS

Since you have cats, you might have the big plastic pails that clumping litter comes in. I planted cherry tomatoes and bell peppers in mine,(one plant to a pot.) I had great results.These pails are nice and deep, especially for tomato roots. Plus there is room for a stake or trellis to be inserted. I had spray painted mine a dark geen with plastic paint just to match my deck furniture. This may have helped to keep the soil warm, but it probably isn't necessary.

Teresa

P.S. Don't forget to drill some drainage holes.

By (Guest Post)

Almost all veggies can be grown in pots if the pot can accomendate their needs. Pots can be obtain furgally by saving milk jugs, litter buckets, plastic plaster buckets, or just plant in a soil bag on an old tray. (fill the bag with soil, tie it off and lay it on it's side, slit the top and plant.

Orange, lemon and lime rimes thrown around the plants base will help keep the cats at bay. You'll need to add fresh rines now and then. Sprinzting water deluted lime and lemon juice on the leaves will also keep the cats at bay and won't harm the plants.

By pergammano (Guest Post)

I grow zucchini, all forms of cukes, eggplant, all forms of squash, strawberries and as you say, all of my tomatoes in pots.

By pergammano (Guest Post)

There is realistically nothing that you can't grow in pots, but all members of the cucurbit family, incl. squashes, zucchinis, eggplant...all peppers, all herbs,all tomatoes, even potatoes do well!

Home and Garden Gardening VegetablesJanuary 15, 2009
👒
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf38760976.tip.html