Using Lestoil For Stains

Category Stains
Lestoil is a concentrated multipurpose cleaner that works well to get rid of both water and oil based stains. This is a page about using Lestoil for stains.

I went on this website to get ideas for removing dry-erase marker stains from clothing as my son comes home from Pre-K frequently with these stains. After trying a few of the suggested solutions and still having a visible stain, I remembered that my mom used to use Lestoil heavy-duty cleaner to remove tough stains from clothes when I was a kid. The product is still around today, and works to remove various tough stains from clothes, including grease and tar. I tried it on the dry-erase marker stain and it worked! I was so relieved as the shirt that was stained was a designer shirt. I just had to share this great tip with any other stressed-out parents dealing with dry-erase marker stains I wish they still used chalkboards in school!

By Kate from Cape May, NJ

By Ed from NY (Guest Post)
Top Comment

If you keep it around for a long time, it will disolve the plastic bottle and leak all over. Transfer the Lestoil into a glass bottle.

I have used the product Lestoil on my most stubborn stains for years. It has gotten out motor oil, grease, iron, formula from baby clothes and all different kinds of stains. Try it, I bet will work for you too.

By Debra in Colorado

Answers:

Lestoil For Stains

Lestoil works for Pre-treatment for stubborn stains.
You can buy it in your grocery store in the 'floor soap' section or department stores in the 'floor cleaner' section. (10/20/2004)

By Kelog.

Locations to buy Lestoil

In PA, I buy it at The Giant grocery store and also Martin's and Ace hardware (09/15/2005)

By Koleen

Lestoil For Stains

There is a company that manufactures a series of 10 different containers, each for use in removing various types of stains. The brand name is Carbona, "Stain Devils." Each of the ten containers list the stains it is used to work on. I have only used the one for coffee and tea, but it worked great! Prior to using that product, I used several other cleaners. In Arizona, this product is carried in Fry's (Kroger) stores.

By scarecrow

Lestoil For Stains

I'm from Pensacola and there is nowhere close where you can get Lestoil. The rumour we heard was that Lestoil contains a substance that is bad for the environment and Florida won't sell it. I think that's a lie but I've also read on some forums that lestoil was bought out by Clorox; therefore maybe Clorox stopped producing it to promote their brand items. I'm in Phoenix now and I can't get it here either. I'm going to buy it online.

By mike

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsDecember 10, 2018
🎂
🌻
🎃