Microwave CookingFood Tips

Cooking Frozen Pot Pies in the Microwave

If you buy a frozen pot pie, i.e., Banquet that requires cooking in an oven, you can pop this pot pie out of the tin plate and reuse a container i.e., Marie Callender's pot pie box with the browning circle inside and the browning pie plate. Put the Banquet pot pie in the browning pie plate and put in the Marie Callender's box and microwave for about 4-1/2 minutes.

By Syd

By zarasheid at yahoo.com (Guest Post)

I was checking out the ingredients on to back of your pot pie. Does it contain pork or pork byproducts?

The Marie Callender pot pie containers say to not reuse them. Does anyone have any idea why? (Besides the obvious fact that they want you to keep buying new ones)
I was making a big meatloaf and I was hungry so I took a portion of it and put it in a clean Marie Callender pot pie pan and 5 minutes later I was enjoying my portion of meatloaf. Meanwhile the timer on the oven says 40 minutes remaining for the oven-cooked meatloaf.