Preventing Brillo or SOS Pads from Rusting

Category Products
These useful kitchen scouring pads have one downfall; they rust. This is a page about preventing Brillo or SOS pads from rusting.

I use S.O.S. scouring pads for scouring pots and pans. When I'm done, I put the pad in a little plastic baggie and pop it in the freezer until the next time I do pots and pans. This way it doesn't get rusty and fall apart. I've been doing this for many, many years. I'm sure one can do this to a Brillo pad too.

Source: I got this idea so long ago, I actually think it was from Heloese.

By joy nagle from Greenwood, DE

To prevent a Brillo pad from getting rusty, rinse after use then shake out all of the excess water. Make sure no more water comes out when you shake it. I even hit the pad against the sink wall a few times. The pad will last so much longer!

By FI1969 from Catonsville, MD

I keep my used pad in a small jar with a lid. I had accidentally pushed a pad in a jar to the back of my cabinet and a few months later when I discovered it, it was still unrusted and usable.

Source: My Mom

How to get the most out of your S.O.S. pads. By putting a layer of baking soda wherever you store your used sos pads will prevent rusting.

After using a SOS (soapy steel wool) pad, lay it on a piece of tin foil. It will not rust and can be used again.

The best way I have found to keep my steel wool pad rust free is to put it in a sandwich bag. It lasts a lot longer and keeps my counter clean.

A brillo pad stored inside a sandwich bag.

Keeping Steel Wool Pads from Rusting Tip. Don't throw away that half-used steel wool pad. You can save it from rusting by putting it in a solution of baking soda and water.

Change the soda-water solution every once in awhile to keep it fresh. . .

Keep your SOS pads in the freezer It stops them from rusting

Home and Garden Cleaning ProductsFebruary 28, 2012
😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf39459661.tip.html