JewelryCleaning

Baking Soda to Clean Sterling Silver Jewelry

My mom and I heard of this cleaning tip a long time ago. Take a cereal bowl and line it with tin foil. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of baking soda, place jewelry in the the soda (cover it a bit), and add boiling water. It will bubble some, wait until the bubbles go down and the water cools (15 min to half an hour). Take each piece out, rinse well and lay on a towel to air dry.

By JeanieB from NJ

Thank you! My husband put his sterling silver ring in bleach, not knowing the result and I thought it was ruined. I tried this method twice, followed by the salt water/foil method, then used my silver polishing rag and the ring looks like new!