Make Your Pets Bath Water Do Double Duty

When bathing your pets, do it outside on the lawn or near plants that need watering.

By Gladys

By Vic (Guest Post)

I would only do that if you could put the water in a metal or plastic tub of some kind so the water could warm up in the sun. Even then, rinsing would be cold. I wouldn't shock my dogs with the ice cold water from a hose. I just bathe mine in the bathtub.

IF it has not rained for a while AND the lawn is dry AND the lawn is hard, we drive our car onto the lawn and wash it there, thereby watering the lawn at the same time. Note, our car is small and leaves no tire marks later.

We do wet the dogs with the garden hose in the summer to cool them down. This we do on the lawn. I would not give them a bath near my plants though because I would be afraid of having no plants left after the bath.