CookwareKitchen

Recommendations for Cooking Pots and Pans

I am looking for a new set of pots and pans to cook with. I do NOT want Teflon coated or ceramic (too heavy) and I am not happy with my Calphalon. Any good suggestions?

Linda from Ashdown, AR

My husband bought me a set of stainless steel

for Christmas seven years ago. I love them. There

easy to clean, even burned on food come right off

with a few minutes of soaking. Also, they were

inexpensive. He got a set at wal-mart I picked

out. I didn't use the frying pan for two years because

I thought food would stick to it. I tryed it one day

and use it often now. J.B.

I love my stainless steel.

Thanks mom-from-missouri and Grandma Bess -- I'm gonna try stainless steel!

I've had my Revere copper bottom set for 24 years and it still looks new. Love it!

Try the Green Pan from HSN.com. Food never sticks, wipe with paper towel, you'll never have to trade pans again. I GUARANTEE it. I am buying several people green pans this season. I have had mine for over six months; still looking like new, even burnt food wipes out with paper towel.

When I moved into this house, I inherited a glass ceramic stovetop--the flat, glassy surface. All my regular (old) pans had slightly warped bottoms and would not sit flat on the stovetop. I have some Calphalon; but it's more labor intensive to clean.

So I bought a twenty dollar set of flat bottom stainless steel pans with glass lids, and have never regretted not spending more! They've held up beautifully for close to ten years! I keep one large and one small non-stick pan around (have to replace those more frequently because the finish starts to go--but I never spend a fortune for them); and use Corning Ware, too.

I definitely like the stainless steel! And it goes to show you don't have to spend a lot to get a decent set!

I love RevereWare! I have some boilers that I bought over 30 years ago that are still going strong.

I'm still using a wonderful set of 3-ply stainless steel cookware that I started using in 1961. I attended a cooking party a few years ago and bought a few more pieces (different brand, but similar) to add to my old set and got rid of my copper-bottom Revere Ware pieces. There is a big difference in the stainless steel cookware that's inexpensive and the 3-ply kind that costs quite a bit more. However, if money is an issue, I'm sure you'll be happy with most brands of stainless cookware.

Revere Ware! My parents were married in 1950 and used a set which is still being used in my brother's household, and I have a set of my own which I like better than any others I've bought.

All Clad is about the highest rated, and the about the most expensive. Look and see what the cooks on TV use. Watch cooking shows.

I have a set of Wolfgang Puck stainless steel that my sister gave me for Christmas a few years ago and I love it! I don't know why people drifted from stainless to the teflon coated cookware, the stainless is fantastic and sticks less than my old teflon coated t-fal.

I have lots of revere ware and love them, but I also love my cast iron, a few corningware pots, and miscellaneous other pieces I've collected throughout the years. I'd forget about a set, but rather look for pieces I'd use a lot and buy them as I could afford them. For example, I cook a lot and have 5 dutch ovens, each slightly different. I've often used 3-4 of them at the same time. I also have four 1 1/2 qt saucepans since I use this size often. Some styles have features that work better for specific things more than others. I've got lots of revere ware from estate sales--the price was right and they last forever.

I don't sell Princess House so this recommendation is completely unbiased.....Princess House has the best cookware I have ever shopped for and then bought! I keep it looking like new with Barkeepers friend. It is stainless steel and the best value out there. It was well worth the money. I have just about every piece. I can with them and do tomatoes in their biggest pot. You know how easy it is to burn stewed tomatoes? Well with this cookware, I haven't burned anything! Love it!

I have Fabreware stainless steel pots and pans which my mom bought me one year for Christmas about 25 years ago and I wouldn't get any other. Very easy to clean. If something your are cooking happens to stick to the bottom of the pan, I normally use hot water and dawn dishing washing detergent and let it soak for about an hour. Then I use a silver scraper (but can't remember the name of it right off hand) to clean the inside, outside and the bottom of the pots. Mine still look new. These are sold at Wal-Mart and most department stores.

Visions by Corning/Pyrex are some of the safest cooking vessels on the planet! They are all glass which is completely safe and have no coatings which are dangerous. Some of the Visions were made with a coating on the bottom, don't buy these, get the ones without the coating. Corning doesn't make these any longer, so buying on eBay is a good choice for selection.

http://shop.eba  cookwareQQ_armrs

Z1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

Lower quality stainless steel pans can leak out nickel, this is not healthy for men with prostate issues.

Jim in Jax

Revereware lasts forever. Copper bottom does not burn easily.

I'm quite happy with cast iron :)

Make sure what you buy is compatible with your stove top. Cast iron cookware and some kinds of other cookware can't be used with a ceramic cooktop.

I love my stainless steel pots and pans. I used non-stick for years and had to buy new ones every couple of years. Then I bought my stainless steel cookware that I have now and it looks beautiful even after 6 years. They are virtually indestructible. I know of a great place on line to get stainless steel cookware. You should take a look before you buy any. http://www.save  com/kitchen.html

Good USA Cast Iron (not Taiwan made, I use Lodge) is the best for non stick items, I spray a little olive oil or use coconut oil when cooking. But, I also use good stainless steel pots too. Cast irons must be seasoned if not already, but additional iron is added to some foods (a good thing). Clean up for cast iron is easy. Just soak for some easier cleaning them use a scrubbie and then re-oil. No soap needed. Cooks evenly like stone bakeware does. I keep mine in the oven or on top of the stove with a lid on my one bean pot with the 10 in frypan just inside. With any pot or pan don't take a hot pan and pour cold water in it when cleaning or soaking. This will warp most pans.