Winter Tires for Chevy Cobalt

I drive a 2007 SS Chevy Cobalt and need tires for winter. Any suggestions for winter tires?

N.A. from Canada

I live in Tampa Florida, so my question might seem silly, but are the tires for driving in Canada? (snow,ice, slush), or other parts of the continent? (from the non snow parts of the world)?

redbeard

in tampa florida

Snow tires get switched out to regular driving tires for the rest of the year. Some states allow studded tires, most don't anymore.

Go to a garage which fixes cars and ask. You don't have to buy. DO NOT GO TO A TIRE ONLY STORE, as they will sell you car parts you don't need (they think we are all stupid) and come up with oh, we won't stand by the warrenty if you don't let us fix the tie rods, new brakes, etc. That is bull pucky. Remove yourself quickly. Even my son was told this information--he stood there like WHAT? My kids have gone through automotive technology college--4 years. Mom knows something besides paying bills! I get them car repair magazines, BUT I read them first.