House and HomeProduct Reviews

Chatterbug Phone Service Reviews

Has anyone used the Chatterbug phone service? I would like to get this for my mother but am a little nervous about the lack of information on the web. I can't find any reviews, good or bad. Please help. Thank you.

Terri from IN

Do you mean the jitterbug phone? The jitterbug phone is supposed to be simple & easy to use. Large buttons,without all the extras added. Try the link below for more info.
http://www.phon  eview_jitterbug/

No, I really meant the Chatterbug. It hooks to your existing phone line and costs about $10 a month for unlimited long distance within the US. The Jitterbug is a cell phone and cell phones won't work where my mother lives.

I found online that it's a brand new technology. Connect it to phone and phone line. When you dial 1 to make long distance call it diverts it from phone co. to CB and call goes through them. Sounds really good to me. You might have to pay $20-$30 for the gadget and then $9.95 per month.

However I'm not sure if it's really available yet. If it is, it would be worth it to try. But I have a feeling the phone companies may be fighting this. Although I don't have long distance on my home phone so I wouldn't be taking $$ away from anyone. Let me know?

(submitted via email)

I searched and found good info online and posted it (in previous issue). Unfortunately, the info was outdated.With further searching I found the "gadget" is still for sale but they are no longer providing the service. And people are complaining that their credit cards are still being charged, for no service. So I must retract my previous favorable post about Chatterbug. SORRY. Don't buy it.

By Pam2cats from Rhode Island