Preventing a Door From Slamming

On windy days, toss a towel, folded lengthwise, over the door to prevent it from slamming shut.

This also prevents small children from accidently shutting themselves in a room and also prevents them from shutting the door on their small fingers.

By Cheryl from Missouri

I have a dilemma. My roommates continuously slam the outside door and the door that goes out into the garage (which my room happens to be in between). Can I put anything in the door that will lessen the noise from the slamming, but not prevent the doors from closing?

Thanks.

By Tina from OC, CA

Answers

Go to your local Home Depot or Lowes and ask the guy there. I seem to remember a metal strip you can put around one side of the door that makes it so the door can't be slammed and seals really well.

It may just be a type of weather stripper. But the guys in either of those stores should be able to help you out.

Tell your roommates to have some respect for their fellow house mates by not slamming the doors! Your roommates should have learned that simple courtesy as a children! Why should you have to go above and beyond for a common courtesy your roommates should be practicing?

Deeli:
Yes, you would think that their parents would teach them some manners. Just so happens the ones who do most of the slamming are mother (owner of home) and daughter. Not all of us have manners. I have also asked them not too and it has not worked.

Would it be possible to have a door closer installed? It seems to me that some door closers stop the door from slamming as well as closing it automatically.

Again, go to the store and ask if they have something like this that would work.

Answer this Question

Home and Garden Home Improvement DoorsMay 26, 2013
😷
📓
🎂
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf40931066.tip.html