AnniversaryParties

50th Anniversary Party Question

Category Anniversary

I have a question! I am planning a 50th for my folks, and they don't want a 'big blow-out' either. We got a deal (free..good deal, huh?) on a beautiful banquet room overlooking the falls. We're putting together some Memory scrapbooks and will have some of their fav 50's music playing in the room (background music)... Love the gold and white balloon idea! We are ending the evening by having a vow renewal ceremony (hope they are ok with that LOL)

But, here's my question ... we are trying to decide if it should just be immediate family, (kids, spouses, grandkids) or if we should invite a select few to join us.. what is the protocol when paying for dinner. If we invite them, are we obligated to pay for their meal/drinks? And if not, how do you tactfully let them know? Yikes.

By Schatzbell (Guest Post)

If there are a "select few" your parents would want to celebrate with, they should definitely be included. But if you invite people to a party, I do think you're responsible (obligated) to cover the dinner/meal. You could make the food more like fancy appetizers, if that would help control the costs (sometimes, depending on time of day, a brunch could help keep costs down).

But as for drinks, if you mention "cash bar" on the invitation, that means the invitee will know they will be responsible for their beverages and it's a very tactful way to mention it.

Hello, about the dinner situation, i would normally think that if they were invited to dinner, that it would be a free dinner for them..Why don't you have all the guest pitch in by 1)bring a different food, enough for everyone or 2)have then donate $4 or $5 per person to help cover the dinner...i hope it turns out great!! Good Luck!!!

By janie (Guest Post)

what would be a good thing for my little grandchildren to do (ages 3 to 8) to do to participate in my 50th wedding anniversary party so that feel like they are participating in the event.

By janie (Guest Post)