AppliancesCleaning

Cleaning Grease from an Electric Clothes Dryer

How can I remove a grease like substance from an electric clothes dryer?

Eepaquin from South Carolina

I had this happen recently and used a product called Greased Lighting (unsure of spellling). I sprayed it on a damp cloth and rubbed. Then went over it again with a more damp rag to get off the extra cleaning solution so it didn't damage the clothes. Be sure to have good ventilation when doing this.

It also works for removing crayon that has melted in there. I have a stainless steel drum so spot check it first.

By Roxanne (Guest Post)

I use Armour All all purpose cleaner. It's in a teal color label bottle. It works amazing on grease. Especially on car carpets...or fabric. It made an old car look new!

By chris (Guest Post)

I'm guessing its something greasy that got inside your dryer. Try some Greased Lightning. I think it works great on alot of things.

I wouldnt spray it inside - rather spray some on a cloth & wipe it. Perhaps wear gloves - as it can be very drying to your hands.

By Kim Ch (Guest Post)

That grease could be the accumulation of years of using dryer softener sheets - is it perfumey? The above-mentioned products should work, but you might check the ducting to make sure you don't have a fire hazard. And if you need a dryer softener sheet, you can tear one in half or scissor the whole boxful in half first.