CharityBetter Living

Donate Books to Local Schools

I have a great tip for anyone who has books collecting dust. Donate them to your local school. I had a garage sale recently with a friend (she home schools). We took the left over books loaded up my car, and I donated them to my son's grade school. We had several boxes of books from primary to chapter and even her home school books left.

The librarian took them to the teachers lounge and it was Christmas for our teachers! Teachers are underpaid, overworked and under appreciated! I was tickled to help! Just keep this in mind next time you do a clean out of books!

By Betsy Butler from Hernando, MS

You can also donate magazines and other types of books to the schools for teachers.

Zig