Treating Dogs for Worms

My dog is excreting worms. They are white and sometimes pink. I don't know what to do. Are there any pills I can buy for him without going to the vet?

By yinette

Best Answer

Please do not self-treat a dog or cat. Take the stool sample to your Vet, if the pet has worms, they will give you treatment depending on what type of worms they find and the weight of your pet.

Jennifer
Northern Virginia

Jennifer tapes do not show in a stool sample unless the segments are visible to eye. Tape eggs do not show in stool. You will see segments of the tape and look like rice. You have to use Drontal or Droncet to successfully rid tapes. There are a few others that work. Panacur does not work. Does say it can help in removal but you are wasting your money trying it.

Best Answer

Food grade diatomaceous earth for intestinal worms. Natural, easy, safe.

Best Answer

Yes, there are many different kinds of worm pills you can buy without going to a vet. Go to your local pet store, and ask them what they recommend for the type of worm that you describe.

Anonymous

My dogs are losing weight fast and they are very weak what do I have to do to keep them alive

I agree with Patty Lynn, go to your local pet store. I've gotten money saving tips from the staff in the grooming salon at PetSmart. My dog recently had a sore on his tail (not the but) and when I called the vet with a simple question (can I put antibiotic cream on it?) They would not even give me a yes or no answer.

I was told to bring him in that he may need an antibiotic. I never took him in because I could tell it was not infected. I put the cream on it as PetSmart told me and the sore was gone in two days. I'm researching vets and I'm probably going to change.

Diatomacious earth. Must be food grade; the other has poisons in it for the garden. Google dosage. Safe, inexpensive, natural, simple. Good to keep on hand and dose regularly. Will not kill heartworm, only intestinal worms.

Hello, I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years. There is NOT an over the counter pill that will take care of worms.

Please take your pet and a fecal sample to your Dr., so he/she can determine which worms to treat and what medication to use. Good luck.

The only correct answer to this Dogs problem is called a Veterinarian. Please avoid "over the counter" products. Good luck.

Pets Dogs HealthNovember 30, 2010
🎉
🎄