Getting Tire Marks Off of Vinyl Floors

Category Floors
Tires can leave unsightly black marks on the surfaces where they are stored. This is a guide about getting tire marks off of vinyl floors.

How do you remove bicycle tire marks off of linoleum floor?

By Angie38 from Portsmouth, OH

Answers

Make a paste of baking soda and water, and scrub in a circular motion. My grandmother used to make me do this to my church shoes when they had scuffs, and it works for a lot of things.

Mr.Clean Magic Erasers. Yay. You'll be truly amazed. I always have them handy, store brands too. They erase anything from anything. Like roofing tar from white siding for instance!

You could rub the floor with a uncoloured rubber soled shoe or an eraser. When I was a custodian, I used this often and it worked great esp since I always wore rubber soled shoes!

Anonymous

Oh how I so want to know if you're talking about linoleum in you home and how it ended up with bicycle tire marks. ;-) An eraser will definitely do the duty.

Idk how theirs Happend, but mine was due to a dolly when moving out the old washing machine and moving in the new one, it turns out the one of the dolly wheels was flat and it draged on the floor and caused the black tire marks.

How can you get tire marks off of vinyl floors?

Jan from Geneva, IL

Answers:

Try WD40. I'll bet that'll do it! (10/22/2006)

By carol

Get some Oops! in the paint section of Walmart. That'll take care of it in a flash! (10/22/2006)

Try Mr Clean Magic Erasers. They will work. (10/22/2006)

By Laura

First there just has to be a story behind these tire marks on your vinyl floor!
Try rubbing them with an art eraser or rubbing alcohol and a rough cloth. (10/23/2006)

By Carla

I would suggest Goo Gone. It worked great for me, and it doesn't dull the surface of your floor. (10/24/2006)

By Judy Harris

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes