Saving On GasCars

Empty Gas Hose

When you fill up your car with petrol or gas, hold the hose high above your head when you are nearly finished so the remaining petrol in the hose goes into to your car and not the ground or the next person's tank.

By Emma Sirona from South Australia

Anonymous

You added a very nice thoughtful touch about no gas dribbling on the next car but the best part about your tip is that you're getting the last drop into your gas tank. I don't know if there's a funny television advertisement running about 'that last drop' in Australia but there is one running here in the States recently and it gives me the giggles. I am giving you a thumbs up for your reasons as to why. :-)

I'd almost forgotten, I used to do this very thing when I was driving and usually the one doing the fueling. With today's gas prices, this is a timely and thrifty tip. Thumbs up!