Rosebud Filled Heart Candy Box
Some times a wonderful handmade gift can come from simple and inexpensive supplies. With just a few items, most found at dollar stores, you can put this project together in no time. And it smells wonderful!
Approximate Time: 1 hour approximately
- pink felt
- pack of soap rosebuds or artificial flowers
- heart box from chocolates
- small length of ribbon
- craft knife
- The chocolate heart box used here is approx. 5" and costs $1.00 at Wal Mart. This project uses the bottom half. The rosebuds and tulle were purchased at Dollar Tree. The buds come 9 to a pack and are made of soap but substantial to use for craft projects. They come in different colors also. If your box has raised plastic on the inside for the chocolates to sit in, just carefully cut the raised parts off so the buds will sit flat on the bottom.
- Depending on what size your box is, you may use less buds, but this one took 8. Arrange them inside to see how many you will need. You want them to sit next to each other without being squished. You will fill in any gaps with the tulle. Place rose buds aside.
- Carefully poke two holes at the top in the center of the heart, through the back cardboard rim. Thread ribbon through and tie into a loop for hanging the heart when done.
- Using the box as a template, trace onto some felt to cover base on back. Cut out heart and glue to back or use double back tape to adhere. Put glue all over inside base of heart. Place your roses back in, one at a time and arrange until you are satisfied.
- Cut tulle into small circles, gather and tie around bottom end. You need them to be as tall as the roses so test fit one to see. Longer is better and you can trim them after they are dried.
- Make as many gathered tulle circles as needed to fit inside any empty holes between the rose buds. Put glue on the tied ends and push into open spaces using the tip of a pencil or knitting needle. Allow all to dry. Trim tulle evenly with rose buds.
- Pick a pretty trim and put a line of glue all along the side of the heart. Adhere trim. When dry, hang and enjoy!
By Mary from FL
About The Author: Mary is half of a creative team on a craft oriented website. Here you will find pages of free projects and patterns in a wide variety of categories, with an entire section made especially for kids. There also is a gift shop where you can purchase unique handmade items such as collectible dolls, toys, and home decor. They offer free sayings, tips, ideas, and humor. Enter their contests for a chance to win great prizes. Visit them at: craftingtales.com
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.