Assembly Line for Making Dolls

contest winner icon

I make and sell Raggedy Ann and Andy, quilts, and various fabric crafts at our local Farmers Market here in Moses Lake, Washington. If you think that's something you'd like to do with your own talents, let me give you a time saving tip.

For the dolls, Sunday or Monday is cut out day. I cut all doll parts and clothing needed for a few months at a time. Then as I get short on dolls, I spend a few days sewing some up; in assembly line order. The quilts get done in the winter time, and sometimes while I'm sitting at the Farmers Market on Saturdays.

I have the small plastic drawers where I can keep everything organized so I never have to look for body parts or boys or girls clothing. It's so much faster and fun to be organized.

By Ardis