Put a Tray Under Your Mixer

Try placing a plastic tray under your mixer when baking. It will make the mixer easier to slide across the countertop and the tray will catch any spills. Clean-up is so much easier when all you have to do is wash the tray under the faucet.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

I use a cloth placemat under my mixer, works great. Moves across counter easy and doesn't mark counter top.

Anonymous

I PUT A TRAY UNDER MY COFFEE POT TO AVOID SPILLS OR WHEN THE COFFEE FILTER BACKS UP AND THE COFFEE OVERFLOWS!!YIKES!! IT HELPS TREMENDOUSLY IN CLEAN-UP.

THANKS FOR THE TIP

When using a hand mixer, put the bowl in the sink when you mix. Most splatters are caught there and you dont have batter all over the backsplash and counter.

Trays are the best. I picked up four cafeteria type trays at a tag sale years ago. I use them constantly. When baking I do all my mixing & measuring over the trays, which makes for a quick cleanup, no counter mess. Just rinse in the sink or run through the dishhwasher. I have one designated for meats & use it to work on instead of the counter, so I don't have to worry about meat juice contaminating my counters. I did a quick Google search & came up with this site : http://www.webs … a/999CT1216.html

That is a great idea Marie, I just bought a few of those trays that cocktail waitresses use for like $5 each and they have been so incredibly useful. I've had a few like this one ( http://www.food … ays.333652.c3099 )

for years and they have never even so much as scratched!!! I'm sure you can probably find them in the stores too. """"""