Saving Money on Bandages

Category Saving Money
When your kids use too many bandages, there are some ways you can reduce the number they use. One way to save by using stickers on plain bandaids in place of character bandaids.

This tip may only work for families with boys. There may be a way to adapt it to girls but, as a mother of five boys ranging in age from 10 to 30, I can only attest to its effectiveness with the male species. Any parent can probably relate to the bandaid dilemma. Kids seem to think they need a bandaid for every bump, bruise, scrape or whatever they receive. This can cause a shortage of bandaids when one is really needed.

I solved this problem with my male children one day when I received that troubling phone call at work that I needed to stop at the store and buy bandaids. Looking at my choices (always looking for the best deal), I came across some "Hello, Kitty" bandaids. Knowing that my manly children would only wear those if the need was REALLY there, I bought those and it worked! Now, no more careless and extravagant uses of the bandaids. Sometimes, it's hard to get them to wear them even if I think they need to, but it has worked out really well for me. I don't know what parents of girls could do to make it work for them but it sure works for me!

By Janis from Cinebar, WA

My kids go through so many bandaids! It will end up being costly if I was to purchase the cute kid character bandaids they prefer versus using regular bandaids.

Instead, I improvised and buy regular bandaids (you get more for your value) and have my kids select their choice of sticker to place on the bandaid! This makes it a more personalized option since they get to select their own sticker that's available in front of them versus sometimes getting fussy if the bandaid on on the bandaid box is no longer available since it's been used already.

Plus, we always have a ton of stickers on hand from the dollar section so it works out and is cheaper! The stickers have other purposes too for arts and crafts or just for fun. It's a win/win situation. :)

Budget & Finance Saving MoneyJune 19, 2019
🌻
🐛
😎
📓