Wildlife: Deer (Shaw Island, WA)

During the Summer of 1997, I had the opportunity to work and live on Shaw, one of the San Juan Islands, off the tip of Washington State. I lived quite simply in a trailer and biked to the lodge from the little "trailer park community" that housed about 12 spots.

On a day off, I noticed this deer had come into our compound. The locals told me this was pretty common, and since he loved to mooch food, they called him "Cracker". Being a nature lover, I decided to test just how trusting he was.

Sure enough, I was able to have a friend capture this wonderful shot (grainy as it was back then) of Cracker taking bread right out of my mouth!

I hope you all enjoy this shot as much as I enjoyed being a part of it.

Source: I actually lived it so I am now sharing it.

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Yorktown, VA

Wildlife: Deer (Shaw Island, WA)

Wildlife: Deer (Shaw Island, WA)

Wow, what a memory! Thanks for sharing.

The last photo was suppose to be first, but you all get the picture. Isn't he cute! And he did eat bread right out of my mouth. Sandi/PBP

Wildlife: Deer
Wildlife: Deer

3 mid size deer across from my house the first spring/summer I was here. They were frightened off by an approaching car and jumped the fence into the pasture beyond.

By melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

Answers:

Wildlife: Deer

There is something precious about seeing wild life. (Of course when I am safe indoors. LOL) (10/24/2009)

By Laura

Wildlife: Deer in a River

I would recommend always having your camera with you wouldn't want to miss a shot like this deer who we suspect was enjoying a spring swim in the creek or maybe he was bathing!

By Beth from Ft. Blackmore, VA

Answers:

Wildlife: River Deer

Deers will go to the deeper water if hurt also. We saw a deer once that had been shot and he was trying to cool the wound and they will rock back and forth trying to do so. (05/13/2009)

By Julie

Photos WildlifeFebruary 10, 2010
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf44731149.tip.html

WildlifePhotos