SpicesCopycat

Recipe for Tesco Deli Tikka Rub for Chicken

My grandson-in-law was stationed in NewMarket, England for a number of years and shopped at the "Tesco Deli Market" there. He was able to purchase some chicken in the deli that had "Tikka Rub" on it and he loved it. Now he's back in the U.S.A and can't find anything like it. Do any of you cooks out in New Market, England have the recipe of the rub or know the ingredients? Please help me because he's a wonderful grandson-in law and I'd love to fix it for him if I can. Thank You

By LouiseCook from AZ

I don't have the exact recipe you asked for but I found this on:
www.canadianliving.com/.../tikka_masala_rub.php

Ingredients
3 3tbsp tbsp(45 mL) (45 mL) ground coriander
2 2tbsp tbsp(25 mL) (25 mL) ground cumin
2 2tsp tsp(10 mL) (10 mL) ground cinnamon
1 1tsp tsp(5 mL) (5 mL) ground cardamom
1/2 1/2tsp tsp(2 mL) (2 mL) ground ginger
1/2 1/2tsp tsp(2 mL) (2 mL) pepper
1/2 1/2tsp tsp(2 mL) (2 mL) salt
Preparation:
In small bowl, combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, pepper and salt.

For 4 to 6 servings boneless skinless chicken breasts, pork tenderloins or salmon fillets (1-1/2 lb/750 g), mix 2 tbsp (25 mL) desired spice rub; 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil; and 1 clove garlic, minced. Rub over food and let stand for 10 minutes.

If you Google Tikka Rub you will find several recipes. Ask your g-son for some specifics of taste (i.e.

was it strong garlic taste) and you will probably be able to come up with it, maybe using parts of more than one recipe.